Southern California Sex Crime Attorney
Facing Sex Crime Charges? We Can Help! Call (888) 758-8186
Not many criminal charges carry a negative stigma worse than that of sex crimes. If convicted of a sex crime in the state of California, you will not only face a lengthy incarceration and hefty fines, but you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. As a result of Megan's Law, the public has been able to view information on convicted sex offenders since 2004.
Although Megan's Law is not intended to be a punishment, based on California Penal Code § 290.46, it can undoubtedly result in the loss of opportunities that were previously permitted to the convict. If you are charged with any type of sex crime, we encourage you to contact our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer at once.
- The top 5 reasons to choose us as your legal advocate are:
- We are available anytime to speak with you if you have any questions or concerns
- We take on any criminal defense case, no matter how serious the charges are
- Each client receives personalized representation for their unique needs
- We only proceed to trial if you are not happy with the settlement outside of court
- We're backed by 20+ years of trial-tested success.
Are you under investigation for a sex crime? Call (888) 758-8186
If you are under investigation for a sex offense, you will need to obtain the representation of the knowledgeable L.A. sex crime attorney from our firm.
- Some of the sex crime charges we have substantial experience handling include:
- Indecent exposure
- Statutory rape
- Failure to register
- Child pornography
- Sexual assault
We can fully investigate your case and use the skill of experienced investigators to build a strong case and fight for your rights. In many cases, charges are brought about as the result of mistaken identity or a false witness. In such instances, we can develop a strong case strategy based on the information that you provide and that we can discover during a thorough investigation. We offer free case evaluations to help our clients have confidence taking action in their cases.
Proven Success in Sex Crime Cases
Our firm has taken on countless sex crime cases and we aim to reach favorable end results in each one.
- Here are some examples of success that we have had on behalf of clients:
- Reduced Jail Time- Client was facing 7 years in prison, reduced to 180 days in county and 3 years on probation. (Continuous sex with a 15 year old case)
- Alternative to Prison Time- Client was facing 9 years in prison, alternative was an in-patient facility for 6 months. (Felony forcible rape case)
- Multiple Counts Reduced to 1 Count- Client was facing more than 61years in prison for multiple counts of forced oral copulation while on probation for 3 other cases. Only pled to one count and is eligible for release after. (Multiple counts of forced oral copulation case)
- Avoided Jail Time & Sex Registration- Client was facing jail time and sex registration, alternative was 4 years on probation and 1 year of counseling (Possession of child porn and invasion of privacy case)
Legal Guidance from The Karpel Law Group
At The Karpel Law Group, we have years of experience helping individuals who are charged with sex crimes. We can work to ensure that the charges you face are not excessive and we can fight to get charges reduced or dismissed. You deserve the best possible legal guidance available, which is what we offer.